TeamThe Team coponent is responsible for providing repository tooling integration into Eclipse and a universal compare facility for use by repository tooling and others.
Platform Team Repository Integration Framework
The goal of the Team component is to provide a mechanism by which repository tools can integrate the full, rich, functionality of their repository solution into the Eclipse workbench in a first class way.
The universal Compare facility implements:
- Two and Three-way compare/merge components for hierarchical structures superimposed on text
- Differencing engines for
- hierarchical structures
- character ranges, e.g. text lines or words
- Integration and creation of patch files
- Comparison and merging with the local history.
The infrastructure is extensible to different content types. It defines extension points for type specific ContentMergeViewers StructureMergeViewers or StructureCreators.
About the Team component
- This component is responsible for all org.eclipse.team.* and org.eclipse.compare.* plugins
- Have a question about the Team component? We might already have an answer for you in the Team Wiki.
- Online user documentation.
If you are already a Team developer, check out the Development Resources.
- 3.5 development plan.
- 3.4 development plan.
- 3.4 test plan.
- 3.3 has been released and is available in the downloads area.
- 3.3 development plan.
- Documents from previous releases.
If you are interested in participating in the development of the CVS component, there are several ways of contributing:
- Fix bugs/enhancement requests that we need help with.
- Check out our bug section on the development page and pick something that interests you.
- Also, check out the developer's mailing list: firstname.lastname@example.org. Chat with people there about your problems and interests, and find out what you can do to help.