Back to Archived Releases
Proposed CVS Modules Support for 2.1
Know issues we will be addressing are:
- Done: Browsing of modules in "Show Modules" mode by version tag doen't work
(see bug 22760).
- Done: It is difficult to work with Java packages that are defined at the
root of a repository because Eclispe requires packages to be children of
a project. The current workaround is to define modules in the
CVSROOT/modules file. We would like to simplify this by supporting the
checkout of a folder into an existing project shared with the same
- Done: By default, the "cvs update" command is always performed with the
-d option which discovers new or previously unknown directories and loads their contents.
A property could be added to each project which enables/disables the use of the -d option.
- Will not be done: Eclipse will automatically purge the CVS folders from any folder that
is moved. This behavior could be enhanced as follows:
For case 1 and 2, the user would be prompted to carry out the operation
or purge the CVS information.
- If the folder is moved to a project that is not shared with a
repository, the project could be configured such that CVS operations
performed on the project would only effect the moved folder.
- If the folder is moved to a project shared with the same repository,
the folder could be added and the CVS folders maintained.
- If the folder is moved to a project that is mapped to another CVS
repository or another repository provider, the CVS directories must be