Creating your first Codewind project with Codewind for VS Code
To create your first project:
1. Click the prompt in the Codewind window.
2. This prompt displays a list of project types for you to select.
3. Scroll through the list until you see Node.js Express (Default templates).
4. Selecting this template prompts you to enter a name for your project.
5. Enter a name and then choose where to create this on disk. For example,
6. Codewind now starts to build and run your very first project. Once complete, the following screen shows your application is built and running.
7. To view your running application, click on the project name in the Codewind window.
8. Then click the Open Application icon.
This icon launches your web browser and displays your application.
Congratulations, you have now created, built and run your first Codewind project using Codewind on your local machine.
Choose from the following:
Getting started with Codewind - next steps Continue to instructions for making a code change with VS Code to see the auto-build-and-run feature in action.
Installing Codewind for remote use If you intend to use Codewind remotely, you have now completed the prerequisite step of installing Codewind on your local machine and can now proceed: