[wtp-dev] Office hours tomorrow

Hi folks,
Just a reminder that I'll have our conference call meeting room open at the usual time, joinable though Zoom. For more details, check https://wiki.eclipse.org/WTP_2021-04-01.

Here's what's going on with WTP 3.22:

1) Dali has a compile failure that needs fixing. True, it only happens against Java 11, but Eclipse has required Java 11 since 4.17, so this probably means ugly breakage at runtime until it is fixed. I can provide guidance on ways to correct it, but I am not a Dali Committer.

2) Java EE has a compile failure whose proposed fix needs review. It does not fix all of the failing unit tests, but those should be handled by a Java EE Committer.

3) The EMO and I haven't discussed reorganizing projects, but Common and Server Tools seem like bad candidates while Source Editing and JSDT seem like good candidates. The Glassfish Tools lead tells me that his team no longer has resources to update the Glassfish Tools, so unless someone expresses interest in developing them, that project will likely be archived this quarter (which is a shame considering Glassfish itself is still under active development). Java EE, Dali, and Web Services should probably talk amongst themselves about what, if anything, they want to do.

4) WTP builds moving to JIRO (bug 568553):
Still a work in progress. It's a good place for someone who wants to contribute in a way other than working on code. Other projects are seeing the same limitations we are, and a little ahead of us in ferreting out solutions to them.

5) Jakarta EE 9 and above*:
Bug 565498, about the Servlet/Listener/Filter wizards could use some attention.

I hope to see you then, and/or you can reply right here to discuss anything you like. Until next time!

--
Regards,
Nitin Dahyabhai

Back to the top