RE: [wtp-dev] RE: BEA WebLogic Server support in WTP 2.0

Excellent question. The adapters/connectors will be provided in binary form only (closed source), but the BEA license that they will be distributed under will be very flexible and allow for redistribution.

- Konstantin

From: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Todd Williams
Sent: Thursday, March 29, 2007 12:59 PM
To: General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues.
Subject: [wtp-dev] RE: BEA WebLogic Server support in WTP 2.0

Konstantin,

>To this end, BEA has made a commitment to freely offer the
>WLS adapters that are currently part of BEA Workshop to all
>of the WTP community.

I'd like a bit of clarity on this as "freely available" and the "WTP community" can mean different things to different people.

Questions:
1) Will the connectors be open source or closed?
2) Under what license will the connectors be available from BEA?
3) Will this license allow or prohibit redistribution?

Thanks,
Todd