Re: [wtp-dev] Re: Changes for the wtp.releng

Jeffrey Liu wrote:

Hi Naci,

Couple of quick questions:

1. Shouldn't "build.cfg" live in the releng.builder? This file defines the prereq versions. Since each build is dependent on the prereq versions being used, I think we need to tag this file as well.

Jeff, we will tag the releng module automatically with each build with the build label so build.cfg will also get tagged.  the releng.builder module (the scripts and such) will be tagged manually.

2. I assume updates to releng.builder need to be released to the releng module. So, there will be a new .map file in releng, correct? I'm just curious because I don't see any new .map file in the screen shot below.

Good idea! I did not think about that one.

Thanks,

Jeff

Naci Dai <naci.dai@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

07/05/2005 11:43 AM

Please respond to
naci.dai

"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues." <wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
David M Williams <david_williams@xxxxxxxxxx>, Jeffrey Liu/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
Subject
Changes for the wtp.releng

Here are the proposed outline of the new releng modules:

There will be two of them:  releng and releng.builder

Releng will host the map files and will auto-tagged with each I/M build.  Releng.builder will keep the source for the code, templates, scripts and documents to run the builds.  It will be tagged as appropriate like any other module.  The build will always run using a tagged releng.builder.

--
Naci Dai,
eteration a.s.

Naci Dai,