[uml2-dev] UML Format

Hi all,

I am researching the features of UML Class diagrams as well as consistency. Therefore the model must exist in a format that can be examined. The problem of XMI that it is too complicated and until now I did not find a good parser which enables me to use it. Therefore I am interested in less complex format which enables me to extract the relevant information about the class diagram: Classes, the associations between them with the multiplicity, the hierarchy and so on.

Since I did not have any experience in Eclipse (I just already began using it), my question: is there any alternative format which Eclipse provides? Or maybe a normal parser. Or maybe the tool enables to access modeler features (script / plug-out) to extract the appropriate data.

I am not interested to generate any code, my purpose, in a given class diagram, is to extract all the information about such class diagram in a normal format. I will take such format and build a parser which extract the information and transfer it to an analyzing tool. In the in the absence of such format force me to take the XMI alternative.

I will appreciate any help.

Azzam