[uml2-dev] Newbie: Graphical Representation

Admittedly, I am new to Java, Eclipse, and the UML2 Project.  I am trying to proceed as logically as possible and have one basic question after reading the UML2 docs...

When designing an application using the UML2 Project within Eclipse, does one have a graphical representation, similar to the yellow and red diagrams at the beginning of the documentation, or is everything accomplished by editing the resource set and properties?

My ultimate goal here is to have something similar to Visio or Poseidon, with a very graphical front-end, but within Eclipse and without spending hundreds of dollars up-front.  My apologies if this is addressed within the docs however, from reading them and viewing the associated screenshots, it appears that the UI does not [yet] present any type of block diagram.  I would hate to install something into Eclipse, with my lack of knowledge of Eclipse, and have it not be something I will be using.

Thanks, in advance.  Sorry, again, for the newbie-like question.

-- Ryan

Back to the top