Re: [uml2-dev] UML2 ecore

Jens,

Please post questions to the newsgroup; this mailing list is for issue related to the development of the UML2 project.

It's generally not expected that you would need to modify the Ecore model of UML2... If you need to do lightweight extensions, you can use profiles. If you need to do heavyweight extensions, you can create your own metamodel that extends the UML2 metamodel (references the Ecore model of UML2). To generate code from the Ecore model of UML2 (or an extension of it) you need to use the UML2 code generator (added in UML2 1.1) and UML2's extension to the Rose importer. The latter is only available from CVS (org.eclipse.uml2/plugins/org.eclipse.uml2.importer.rose).

Cheers,

Kenn Hussey

Eclipse UML2 Project Lead
Rational Software, IBM Software Group

770 Palladium Drive
Kanata, Ontario, K2V 1C8

T: (613) 599-3980  F: (613) 599-3912

Jens Bartelheimer <jens.bartelheimer@xxxxxx>
Sent by: uml2-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

06/30/2005 05:31 PM

Please respond to
"This mailing list is used to discuss the development issues for the  UML2 project. "

uml2-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[uml2-dev] UML2 ecore

Hi,

is it possible to modifiy the ecore model of UML2 and to generate a
modified uml2 model?

I have read something about a import/export
(http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/uml2-dev/msg00011.html) but
despite I have installed the UML2 Example I do not found it.

Bye,
Jens