From: tools-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tools-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Bjorn Freeman-Benson
Sent: Wednesday, October 17, 2007 3:16 AM
To: mylyn-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx; beatmik@xxxxxxx
Cc: tools-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx; emo@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [tools-pmc] Mylyn 2.1 did not have a Release Review

Mik, Eugene, Gail, Ian, Rob, Steffen, (cc/ Tools PMC)
I noticed that the Mylyn web page announces the 2.1 release of Mylyn as of September 27th. However, I do not recall having a Release Review for 2.1 (looking at the list of completed reviews, I don't see it either). All major releases are required to go through a Release Review, where "major" is defined as M.N. Bug fix releases (M.N.P) are exempt assuming that there are no new features in a bug fix release.  The Mylyn N&N implies that there are new features in 2.1, so it's not just a bug fix release, right?

Thus, either:

  • There was a 2.1 Release Review and I am forgetting it (if so, please provide a url), or
  • The 2.1 Release is really a 2.0.1 Release and thus exempt (if so, please explain why the N&N shows new features), or
  • There was no 2.1 Release Review.

In the later case, you need to remedy that error ASAP. Anne will get you on the schedule in the absolutely next available slot. In the meantime, you should also take the 2.1 release off the website and the download and update site until it has had a Release Review and IP clearance.

- Bjorn

--

[end of message]

Back to the top