[tcf-dev] org.eclipse.tm.terminal.view dependency of org.eclipse.tcf.debug.ui

Hi Eugene,

We found that you have added a hard dependency to "org.eclipse.tm.terminal.view" from "org.eclipse.tcf.debug.ui". This dependency is very problematic. First of all, the "org.eclipse.tm.terminal.view" plugin should not be used any longer, this one represents the old, legacy, deprecated terminal view which we are not longer maintaining. The new terminal view to be used, and the only one maintained, is the one coming from "org.eclipse.tcf.te.ui.terminals". Second, this dependency is breaking our product delivery as we cannot add the "org.eclipse.tm.terminal.view" plugin to our packaging. It does even break our build.

It would be very helpful if you could consider switching to the new terminal view provided by the "org.eclipse.tcf.te.ui.terminals" plugin. Besides, the new terminal view is supporting "TCF Terminal" since a long time already. The old terminal view should not be referenced in any new code, it will be removed from the terminal delivery eventuelly.

To solve the issue, I kept the code as you have added it, but made the dependency optional and used reflection to invoke ITerminalView#newTerminal(ITerminalConnector). Means you should not see any difference in functionality as you have added it originally and now, but the hard dependency is gone and our build is unblocked.

Thanks, Best regards, Uwe :)

Back to the top