[soc-dev] Just a thought... let's make it a little more interesting...

Just a thought. Let me know if you think it's a bad one.

I can identify some sort of prize (something along the lines of a shirt or hoodie) to give to the student (and mentor?) who manages to fix the oldest standing bug. I realize that this puts the Eclipse project at particular advantage. Are there any other--perhaps less project-biased--"make it more interesting" opportunities that you can think of?

FWIW, I recently had a student intern provide a fix that ended up closing a four-digit bug. That was a cool moment.

Wayne
--
Wayne Beaton
Director of Open Source Projects, The Eclipse Foundation

Back to the top