From: smila-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:smila-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Andreas Weber
Sent: Freitag, 30. November 2012 15:09
To: Smila project developer mailing list
Subject: [smila-dev] Solr - indexing fields are configured twice

Hi guys,

I just wondered if there is any reason that we configure the Solr index fields twice:
  1. in solr configuration's schema.xml
  2. in the configuration of the SolrIndexPipelet (see AddPipeline.bpel)

Wouldn't it be better to configure that in the schema.xml and read the configured fields in the SolrIndexPipelet via SolrManager / SolrAdministration.getFieldNames() ?

And if so, does it make sense to leave the "CoreFields" parameter in the Pipelet and use the schema.xml fields only as a default if parameter isn't set?
(Maybe because you don't want to index values for all configured fields, but this seems to be a very theoretic use case...)

Cheers,
  Andreas