[rt-pmc] FW: The Eclipse rt.vertx project is complete!

RT PMC,

FYI, the Vert.x project has been provisioned.

-----Original Message-----
From: Webmaster(Matt Ward) [mailto:webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: August-01-13 9:50 AM
To: timvolpe@xxxxxxxxx
Cc: Wayne Beaton; emo-records@xxxxxxxxxxx; Mike Milinkovich
Subject: The Eclipse rt.vertx project is complete!

Greetings,

The rt.vertx project is all set up and ready to go!  Here are the specifics
(please communicate this information to your committers):

** Please note: If I  was unable to locate committer records for some of the
initial committers they won't be able to access some the resources below
until they receive their eclipse.org user id's.

1.GIT access:

   Since your code is presently hosted at GitHub we have not created any
repos here at Eclipse.org .  That will change as we bring tooling online
to handle tracking your GitHub repo.

Let us know when you're ready to 'move' your GitHub repo and we'll
proceed as planned.

2. Build Services

   We encourage Eclipse projects to make use of the common build
infrastructure we provide.  See: http://wiki.eclipse.org/CBI for details.

3. Project Website
Your project website is up and ready to be authored. Simply set up a new
repository location:

host: git.eclipse.org
repository: /gitroot/www.eclipse.org/vertx.git

Anything you commit to vertx.git will be
automatically published to http://www.eclipse.org/vertx/ within one
minute. We have set up a sample web page  which can be viewed at
http://www.eclipse.org/vertx

4. Mailing lists
The vertx-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx list has been created. You can subscribe to
Subscription is required to post messages to the list.

5. Newsgroups & Forums
The eclipse.vertx newsgroup has been created on the news.eclipse.org
server.  This news group is linked to the forums hosted here
www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/f/

If you need additional mailing lists or newsgroups, please contact
webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxx

6. Downloads
You have a downloads area with 2GB of space. To access this area, simply
use an SFTP or SCP client (such as CoreFTP or WinSCP) in SSH mode to
and connect to build.eclipse.org.  Your downloads path can be accessed 2
ways:

~committerid/downloads/vertx
-or-
/home/data/httpd/download.eclipse.org/vertx

  Please be conservative when transferring files: the downloads area is
mirrored to over 70 mirror sites worldwide.

To link to a downloadable file, use the following path:
<a
href="http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/download.php?file=/vertx/vertx-1.0.0.
zip">

This will ask users to pick a mirror site for the file, and it will add
vertx downloads to our download statistics (also in the Committer
Tools, Live Download Stats).

You can move any outdated or un-needed files to archive.eclipse.org just
by copying the files to /home/data/httpd/archive.eclipse.org/vertx .

7. Bugzilla
Your bugzilla project, components, versions (if specified) and
milestones (if specified) have been created.

If your committers had a bugzilla account that matches the e-mail
address supplied to the Foundation, their account was granted standard
committer rights to edit and confirm bugs.  If the committers didn't
have a bugzilla account, they should create one using the same e-mail
address as supplied to the Foundation and contact webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxx
to have their account upgraded with committer rights.

If you have any questions, or if you need assistance in using any of the
resources, please don't hesitate to drop me a line.

-Matt.

Back to the top