[platform-text-dev] Generic editor API usage

Hi all,

I would like to start using the generic editor, but at the moment it doesn't have all the features of my existing editor. I can inherit from ExtensionBasedTextEditor instead of TextEditor and I think I can do a smooth transition whenever new features are available. I can imagine that this would be the easiest way for a transition for many other users.

But the genericeditor plugin doesn't export its packages, so my question is: should I live with restricted access warnings, or would you consider exporting the packages?

If the vision for the generic editor is to handle *all* possible customisations, then it makes sense to keep the classes private, but it's going to be a long way there.

best regards,
Vlad

Back to the top