Re: [platform-text-dev] [platform-ui-dev] Vote: Move Platform Text into Platform UI

Lars,

first, the PMC and the EMO have to approve it and then we will do a clean move.

Dani

From:        Lars Vogel <lars.vogel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To:        "Eclipse Platform UI component developers list." <platform-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc:        Eclipse Platform Text component developers list <platform-text-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:        26.10.2015 11:27
Subject:        Re: [platform-text-dev] [platform-ui-dev] Vote: Move Platform Text        into Platform UI
Sent by:        platform-text-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks to Dani and to all that participated.

Welcome eclipse.platform.text to eclipse.platform.ui

Dani, you can please nominate any interested platform.text committer
to platform.ui? AFAICS it is only you and Markus (both already ui
committer), Benno Baumgartner and Deepak Azad. Looking at the Git
statistics Benno and Deepak have been inactive for more than 2 years.

Best regards, Lars

https://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/eclipse-pmc/msg02501.html).

https://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/platform-text-dev/msg00484.html
> Andrey brought up the discussion to move Platform Text under Platform UI.
> The PMC has looked at this and is OK with the move if both, the Platform
> Text and the Platform UI committers agree to the following:
>
> - Platform Text committers automatically become Platform UI committers
> - Platform UI accepts the additional responsibility for the Platform Text
> code base
> - It is expected from both camps that for design discussion original
> committers are consulted
> - The current Platform Text lead (me) becomes a co-lead on Platform UI
>
> I hereby ask you to cast your vote for this proposal. We use the same rules
> as for committer votes. The vote is open for 7 days.
>
> Thanks,
> Dani

CEO vogella GmbH

Haindaalwisch 17a, 22395 Hamburg