Von: pde-ui-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:pde-ui-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] Im Auftrag von Brian Bauman
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 5. März 2009 16:01
An: Eclipse PDE UI developers list.
Cc: pde-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx; pde-ui-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
Betreff: Re: [pde-ui-dev] Shouldn't renaming a bundle project also update the bundle's symbolic name?

I believe the Alt-Shift-R is a short cut which does a "shallow" rename.  If you use the context menu to rename, you will see a dialog box which will update references by default.  If this option is selected, the Bundle-SymbolicName will be updated also.

Hope that helps,

Brian Bauman
    IBM Software Group - Austin, TX
    Eclipse Committer
    baumanbr@xxxxxxxxxx
    (512) 286 -5271 (T/L 363-5271)

"Meyer, Yang" <Yang.Meyer@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

"pde-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx" <pde-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

03/05/2009 05:53 AM

[pde-ui-dev] Shouldn't renaming a bundle project also update the bundle's symbolic name?

Hi everybody,

I've been bitten by this a number of times now, so I'm wondering: If I rename (Alt-Shift-R) a bundle project in the package explorer, why isn't the bundle's symbolic name in the manifest updated also?

I understand that the project name and the bundle's symbolic name are conceptually separate - you could name your project "foo" and your bundle "bar". However in my projects they are consistently the same. Assuming that this is often the case (correct me if I'm wrong), wouldn't it be nice to have my bundle's symbolic name updated along with the project renaming? Or at least have such an option?

Any comments?

Yang