Re: [pde-dev] Warnings about plugin.properties in src.includes

On 2011-05-02 16:47, Curtis Windatt wrote:
The src.includes is used to add additional items to the source bundle (if one is generated).  Any files required for the bundle to run correctly (such as plugin.properties) should be included in the binary bundle, not the source bundle.  If source folders or plugin.properties is included in both bundles, it can become confusing later.  For example, when importing, bundles we bring in all the necessary files from the binary bundle, then try to add in the extra files from the source bundle if they are available.  With plugin.properties in both bundles, the import does not know which one is the correct file to import.

Why do you require the properties file to be in the source bundle?

Given your explanation above, I don't think I do need it. My concern was that when I import a bundle with source into my workspace, I really do want the plugin.properties to appear in the created project. I wasn't aware that it was extracted form the binary bundle at that time.

So thanks a lot for the explanation and sorry for the buzz.

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren

Back to the top