Re: [linuxtools-dev] [patch] add architecture support for arm and ia64

Hi Matthias,
For Eclipse IPLog purposes we need every patch to be delivered as a bugzilla
entry. See http://www.eclipse.org/projects/dev_process/project-log.php

Very good idea for the eclipse-build-config but I don't think I can  find the
time to work on this soon.

Regards,
Alexander

> please find attached patches to add architecture support for arm and ia64.
> builds were done on Ubuntu 9.10 (karmic koala). Build logs at
> https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/eclipse/3.5.1+repack~1-0ubuntu1
> All builds done with OpenJDK 6 (IcedTea 1.6.1).
>
>   - arm: eclipse starts and doesn't crash immediately, started doing
>     a tutorial, which seems to work ok.
>   - ia64: Builds, but the build failed with a packaging error.
>   - sparc: Tested with hotspot, which crashes.
>
> By removing the not needed configs in
>  eclipse-build-config/build.properties, the build time gets much shorter
>  (on a dual PowerMac G4, it saved 3h). Just building the one config needed
>  for the build would reduce the build time further. Why not having a
>  eclipse-build-config/build.properties.in, which has a place-holder for the
>  current arch and generate a eclipse-build-config/build.properties for the
>  current build? This way additional archs can be added without a build
>  penalty.
>
>    Matthias

Back to the top