[jetty-users] Alternatives to HTTP - Gemini, Gopher, others?

Hi list,

I'm curious if anyone has done anything in Jetty with alternative hypertext protocols like Gopher or Gemini?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gopher_(protocol)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gemini_(protocol)

I did some searching and found Jemini, but that seems to revolve around embedded use in a Spring application, and also seems to simply map Gemini to HTTP, rather than being a discrete implementation of it... https://github.com/warmuuh/jemini

I haven't found anything regarding serving Gopher with Jetty, though there is Aftershock, a basic Gopher server written in Java. http://aftershock.sourceforge.net/

Also, if there happen to be any other interesting hypertext protocols people have encountered, would be interested to know.

Thanks,

Peter

Back to the top