Re: [jetty-users] File upload fails on live system, works on development system

On 21/05/2021 16:55, Simone Bordet wrote:
Multipart works on dev environment?
If so, then it's some configuration difference between the two.

Having eliminated config differences (dev & production are identical), firewall issues (no effect if I disable firewall rules), I tried different combinations of file sizes and intranet/internet with the following results:

Files <64K always upload successfully.

For files >64K:

On an external machine on the local net,
https://mydomain : upload fails
https://mydomain:8443 : upload fails
https://10.0.0.200:8443 : upload fails

From a browser running on the server machine,
https://mydomain : upload fails
https://mydomain:8443 : upload fails
https://10.0.0.200:8443 : upload OK
https://localhost:8443 : upload OK

(Note: I run the server on port 8443 to avoid having to start as root, and use iptables to preroute port 443 to 8443.)

In desperation I reconfigured Jetty to accept HTTP as well as HTTPS, and discovered that files >64K upload successfully over HTTP to http://mydomain/, but fail for HTTPS to https://mydomain/.

Can anyone suggest any reason why HTTP and HTTPS might be behaving differently here, and what the significance of the 64K threshold might be?

This is driving me nuts. Pathetically grateful for any ideas...!

--
John English

Back to the top