[higgins-dev] Re: Higgins 1.1 M2 release update

Brian, (et al)
We (the Eclipse Foundation) strongly prefer that projects not use the term "release" unless they are talking about an officially reviewed release, e.g., 1.1.  Milestones, such as 1.1 M2, are not releases and thus to avoid confusing our consumers we are trying to keep the word "release" to mean those efforts that are official reviewed for IP and by the community.  Thanks.

- Bjorn

P.S. We're just following in the distinguished footsteps of other open source organizations, such as Apache, on this vocabulary issue. Thanks.

Hi All - update on 1.1 M2 release status. ...
What we are going to do is do the release build for M2 now, and then go back and make an additional build once these two component builds are fixed.
--

[end of message]

Back to the top