Re: [equinox-dev] Equinox Aspects and OSGi Weaving Hook Service Specification (56)

Hi Martin!

I thought that the only thing this reimplementation would affect would
be how (using osgi weaving hook vs equinox internal mechanisms) the
aspects are woven, and would not affect other things such as which
aspects to weave, caching etc. But given your question it seems I
thought wrong.. Could you please clarify? Also I'm not quite sure what
is opt-in and opt-out.. Is this about which side initiates the weaving
(Eclipse-SupplementBundle vs Require-Bundle)?

On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 10:49 AM, Martin Lippert <lippert@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hey Alexander!
>
>> Thanks for your answer, Martin.
>>
>> I will indeed try to re-implement aspect weaving to comply to the
>> specification. If I succeed I'll send you my result so you could maybe
>> just review it and give it a go saving some of your development time..
>
> Any contributions are of course highly welcome. Please let me know when you
> have something working here. Would be glad to take a look.
>
> The CVS resources are at the RT repository:
>
> http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/viewvc.cgi/org.eclipse.equinox/weaving/bundles/?root=RT_Project
>
> http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/viewvc.cgi/org.eclipse.equinox/weaving/features/?root=RT_Project
>
> Hope that helps!
>
> Are you planning on implementing just pure aspect weaving for AspectJ, or
> are you also looking at the different aspect resolving mechanisms (opt-in
> vs. opt-out) and the caching for woven classes?
>
> Cheers,
> -Martin
>

>> Therefore could you confirm that these are correct links for latest
>> source of Equinox Aspects (I got them from the same web site which as
>> you said is a little outdated):
>>

>> http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/viewvc.cgi/equinox-incubator/aspects/org.eclipse.equinox.weaving.hook/
>>
>> http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/viewvc.cgi/equinox-incubator/aspects/org.eclipse.equinox.weaving.aspectj/
>>
>> http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/viewvc.cgi/equinox-incubator/aspects/org.eclipse.equinox.weaving.caching/
>>
>> http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/viewvc.cgi/equinox-incubator/aspects/org.eclipse.equinox.weaving.caching.j9/
>>
>> I was confused by 'equinox-incubator' part. You told me that the
>> project has graduated to the main SDK so maybe it now resides
>> somewhere else?
>>
>> On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 8:28 PM, Martin Lippert<lippert@xxxxxxx>  wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Alexander!
>>>
>>> Equinox Aspects is not the implementation of the OSGi Weaving Hook
>>> Service
>>> Specification. That specification is implemented as part of Equinox 3.7,
>>> I