Re: [epp-dev] New MetaData Tag for the Package Config File.

Hi Nathan,

I already created the necessary bugzilla components in the EPP project:

  cpp-package, java-package, jee-package, modeling-package,
  rcp-package, reporting-package

The new attributes in your example file look good to me.

Today I had a look at the old package pages that were created by Wayne last
year (e.g. http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/moreinfo/c.php). They include
more meta-data and I think we should allow to add more of it in the xml file.
Especially a long-description, new and noteworthy, and a tutorials/help
section could be very helpful for new users.

Markus

On Thursday 27 March 2008, Nathan Gervais wrote:
> Morning *
>

> I'd like to propose the following format for keeping track of the metadata
> in the EPP Package Config XML file.  The Packaging site will use these
> files to keep its information up to date so that package maintainers and
> myself will not be constantly updating the website with new information.
> I've attached an example XML file of how this would be used.
>

> **I tried to paste the XML into this email but it appears the mailing list
> daemon doesn't like it when I send XML in the body of the email. Please see
> the attached file.  The new tag is located at the top.
>

> Nathan Gervais - nathan@xxxxxxxxxxx
>
> Web Developer
>
> The Eclipse Foundation

Back to the top