Subject: Orion Demo Server Access
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2011 10:44:36 -0500
From: Ian Skerrett <ian.skerrett@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: eclipse.org-committers@xxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Committers,

As you may have heard we have recently launched Orion, a new initiative to create a platform for web development tools.  Mike Milinkovich wrote an introductory blog post about Orion and more detailed technical information can be found at http://wiki.eclipse.org/Orion.

To allow people to see Orion in action, we are hosting a private Orion demo server.  Today, we would like to extend an invitation to all Eclipse committers to try out the Orion demo server.   The following will provide you access:

Server URL:  http://orion.eclipse.org
Username: <eclipse committer e-mail address>
Password: orion2011

[Note: username and password are case sensitive.   Everyone has the same password but at a later date we will you to change your password.]

This is a demo server of Orion that allows you to test out the features.   We would ask you to please not save real work on the server, since we will periodically cleanup and remove all user files.  Information on how to use the Orion server is available at http://wiki.eclipse.org/Orion/Overview_for_Eclipse_Committers.

As open source committers, you know how important early feedback and participation can be for a project.  Therefore, I'd ask that you please take that time to explore Orion and provide some feedback to the development team on the Orion mailing list.

Right now the Orion demo server is by invitation only.  In a couple of weeks we intended to allow Eclipse committers to invite their colleagues to have access to the server.   In the meantime, we ask that you please not share your username and password.

Thanks for your interest.  We are excited about the possibilities for Orion and look forward to your feedback.

Regards
Ian
--
Ian Skerrett
Director of Marketing

Save the dates for EclipseCon 2011, March 21-24
www.eclipsecon.org

Back to the top