Re: [eclipse-pmc] Modernizing UI vs "breaking changes"

HI Mickael,

Thank you for your suggestion. We will discuss this in one of our next
PMC meetings.

My personal opinions are:

- Eclipse UI / UX should be constantly tried to improve
- Some changes may result is a worse experience and may be reverted at
a later stage
- L&F was never and will never be API, otherwise we could never be
able to change it
- We should follow modern and popular tools like VsCode (as these
tools most likely have a larger UX team than we have)
- Simplification of the UI is a desired goal
- Removing redundant / almost redundant UI options or functionality is
a desired goal
- Only the latest version of a competitor or a framework must be taken
into account
- I would be easier to change UI / UX defaults if we would have a way
for the user to get notified about them and a way to inform the user
how to change such things back
- If the committer group disagrees with a L&F change, any committer
can bring this to the PMC to decide

Thanks again for your initiative. I have a lot of personal suggestions
/ opinions to improve the UI / UX but due to the resistance of
changing anything in the UI in the past I'm holding them back, as I
currently do not have the time to fight such fights.

Best regards, Lars