Re: [eclipse-pmc] Merge strategy for projects moved to Github

On Wed, Feb 9, 2022 at 6:28 PM Andrey Loskutov <loskutov@xxxxxx> wrote:
OK, so we will not define any policies / guidelines etc?
Nothing regarding signing
signing as Signed-off for commits is not required by foundation, signing of jars is not related to github

/ ECA /
There is ECA bot that flags the commit as failed automatically if submitter hasn't signed it. E.g. https://github.com/eclipse/tycho/pull/625 see the eclipsefdn/eca near end of page. Requested as https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/helpdesk/-/issues/883

IP checks /
Licensecheck has been automated using dash license tool see "licensecheck" build at the same tycho pull request

quiet period
Handled by script that's run by Jenkins.

/ API checks
Handled by script that's run by Jenkins

 / branch management
Nothing changes here

/ bug linking
Github does automatic linking between issue

whatever else?
There will be more for sure. But we need to execute what we know and at the same time question every extra step needed as it's potentially throwing away contributors.

We will replace most / all of https://wiki.eclipse.org/Platform/How_to_Contribute#Contributing_Code with a link to some generic github policy?

Kind regards,
Andrey Loskutov

Спасение утопающих - дело рук самих утопающих

https://www.eclipse.org/user/aloskutov