Re: [eclipse-incubator-e4-dev] What I dislike about using EMF for e4...

Michael Scharf schrieb:
Ed Merks wrote:
I would also assert that that EObjects really do feel just like DOM.

Yes it does. But as Eric pointed out, there are a already DOM-like
interfaces in eclipse:

  org.eclipse.ui.IMemento
  org.eclipse.core.runtime.IConfigurationElement

Does the following make sense?

If our workbench uses a model an IConfigurationElement is not needed any more because you do your contribution using XMI (if we use EMF).

Contributing a ViewPart could could look like this then:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<?eclipse version="3.2"?>
<plugin>
   <extension
         point="org.eclipse.e4.workbench.ui.view">

<workbench:EViewContribution class="my.pack.MyView1Part" id="view.1" label="A View" icon="bundle-resource://my.plugin/icons/view.png"/>

<workbench:EViewContribution class="my.pack.MyView2Part" id="view.2" label="A View" icon="bundle-resource://my.plugin/icons/view.png"/>

   </extension>
</plugin>

There's no specialized XSD-Tooling, IConfiguration-Element, ... needed any more. The current XSD is nothing more than the META-Description of your contribution and so could be replaced by Ecore ;-)

Tom

tom schindl                               leiter softwareentwicklung/CSO
eduard-bodem-gasse 8/3    A-6020 innsbruck      phone    ++43 512 935834

Back to the top