Re: [eclipse-dev] Lightweight M1 for September release
  • From: Jayaprakash Arthanareeswaran <jarthana@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 May 2022 09:51:57 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=in.ibm.com; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=in.ibm.com; dkim=pass header.d=in.ibm.com; arc=none
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-ChunkCount:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-0:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-1; bh=P27fvtdE8ncXq7L8Wxi/Cj3HbA1UmNHkKeqhEsBZS3Y=; b=JMZjqizDEgzQ01JRd100Yse88U0p+2GQOlUWB1k1JZtyntBGxvSlTmHxWLuSarryHz9YrlM20R1UOuIBxeS+prNdwmaKDDtX6f5Vp2u97EALg+djbTMDsaJ3XQ5dW67Cp/chKGPyvB/os8oVvCqAJiztQkxWtOekjhMRopzMm4E57bckU45anNcQMPmQtc7/XGuflOdINZasc2arm5e/elybw8gJjE4Mv6w6DM2jRmfVI/+eAX3bXFefZMinFZzNwRvXYMw+uzYu79yO3UC8ovC9OSzEKhfyeXgyVUjb0IZDh3tgFlfVEjDEukQu28MaR62qJPsZ1QMlf630X6PE2w==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=Jfj7TYTyLoHCo7Xid3YnFveZ2rJzWgCwWhT2Gz8xqH1k4DxlwL5sAqXTJA8UsaBcyKJrQbL2sHJpaDAY3EC1VtaNU/wBDdWbMoig6gC45EUEWo1j9Vmj/FSyq1kdwrC888kZjQAyNUNz9k7V1jU84m1jH3BDIdwmOm/gKbszssZmk/vRDClCNQROKwpZykOV/S1Qi9UkXHG/eN/ggOjDF4D7UUCP7WkeoTynbKUEirErwbDw/MjtEjoHLntFHNzTth/sWwgw88U3edsbs+zFTJGfE7eh1+IusOSh+WhbmkYfa3k905TXSvfNKI2KPgYesfIJwcoe1+UsQSW4kuRGSA==

> for me verification of a change I made/pushed happens on the next business day (when it's in I-build) not waiting for

>the milestone week and this week is for mundane releng tasks and tests improvements.

JDT has always been a laggard (for lack of better word) in this case. We always verified bugs as a co-ordinated activity among

committers during the milestone week. Of course, now that the number of people doing this is becoming ever so small, I am

thinking about instant verification thus spreading the involvement of the community and reducing the stress on the people who

actively do the verification.

Now that I am here commenting on this, we should also keep in mind that the RC cycles are much shorter now and that perhaps

was decided based on the cushion we have in the form of two heavy and well-paced out milestones upfront.

Regards,

Jay