Re: [eclipse-dev] Use of FindBugs on Eclipse development cycle

Some of the developers have tried using FindBugs.  We don't use FindBugs on a regular basis, or during our build process at this time.

Kim

Eduardo <edu.montandon@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: eclipse-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

08/18/2009 11:30 AM

Please respond to
"General development mailing list of the Eclipse project."        <eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[eclipse-dev] Use of FindBugs on Eclipse development cycle

Hello,

I am conducting a case study in order to evaluate the
lifetime of the bugs reported by the FindBugs tool. In this study, I
am planning to use several versions of the Eclipse platform

Therefore, I would like to know if it is common to run FindBugs before
commiting new Eclipse versions (so this could directly interfere in my
study).

Best regards,

Eduadrdo Montandon
PUC Minas, Brazil