From:        Brian Fitzpatrick <bfitzpat@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date:        07/27/2011 12:54 PM
Subject:        [dtp-pmc] Question regarding API changes in a maintenance release and BZ342411
Sent by:        dtp-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi guys...

We have a bug (BZ 342411 -
https://bugs.eclipse.org342411) that deals with a catalog loader issue for MySQL.

The bug reporter was kind enough to create a patch, but the patch involves changing a the visibility of a private member variable and method to protected in an API-level class (org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.sqm.core.rte.jdbc.JDBCTable).

What is our policy as far as API-level changes go in maintenance releases? I'd like to get this fix into 1.9.1 because it may in fact help with some of the other MySQL issues that have been reported. But - I'm leery of making an API change for 1.9.1.

Any input would be great.

Thanks!
--Fitz