[dsdp-tml-dev] FW: [cross-project-issues-dev] The new BuckyBuilder is in production

Does the TmL build conform to these methods?

Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: cross-project-issues-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:cross-project-issues-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of David
M Williams
Sent: Monday, April 27, 2009 10:35 AM
To: cross-project-issues-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [cross-project-issues-dev] The new BuckyBuilder is in
production

The new Buckminster base builder for Galileo is ready and has been
switched to -production mode. For details on this Builder, see
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Buckminster_Galileo_Builder

Here is how it effects you and your submissions to Galileo.

A. The method by which you contribute to the build is the same,
described in

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Galileo/Contributing_to_Galileo_Build

B. The method by which you contribute to capabilities is the same,
described in,

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Galileo_Capabilities

C. It is now possible for you to do a "local build" in just a few
minutes,

before you commit your .build files to HEAD, so there should be fewer
excuses for broken builds. I suggest you use "-verifyOnly" for your
local builds, and that will catch most common errors, and that is the
one that will complete in just a few minutes. To do a full local build
can take from
2 to 4 hours, depending on the size of your pipes. So, I'm fine with you
doing a -verifyOnly test on your local machine, and if that works,
commit to HEAD and see how it goes. See
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Buckminster_Galileo_Builder#Running_the_build

D. This build is setup in the Hudson builder, see
https://build.eclipse.org/hudson/view/BuckyBuild/
I've set up the Hudson based auto-build so that it will run once every
15 minutes, if something has been changed in the
org.eclipse.galileo.build project (where the .build files are). We can
tweak the timing as we gain experience.

E. Here's a couple of requests on process:

1. For now, there's little gained from updating your common bits after
every one of your builds. I'd prefer teams update the common site only
when they are ready (or near ready) to declare their final milestone or
rc candidate.

2. If there is a problem with your submission, you will receive an email
within an hour. If you get such an email, the expectation is that you
fix it within an hour, and re-submit (or revert). If you can not (e.g.
can't figure out the problem, or, even, if the email doesn't "belong" to
you) then please post a note to cross-project so everyone knows what's
going on. Corollary: be sure you have an hour or two "still at work"
after you do a submission. Don't commit to HEAD late Friday and then
leave for relaxing long weekend!

Thanks,

As always, questions and suggestions are welcome.