From:        "Oberhuber, Martin" <Martin.Oberhuber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:        "tools-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx" <tools-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "dsdp-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx" <dsdp-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "wayne@xxxxxxxxxxx" <wayne@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:        01/03/2011 07:06 PM
Subject:        [tools-pmc] Charter for TM project after moving from DSDP to Tools ?
Sent by:        tools-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Dear PMC’s,

The TM project used to reference the DSDP charter as guiding its operation:
   http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/dsdp-charter.php
which, beyond specifying the scope of the DSDP TLP just references the standard Eclipse charter:
   http://www.eclipse.org/projects/dev_process/Eclipse_Standard_TopLevel_Charter_v1.0.php

For tools, I see that a different charter has been defined:
   http://www.eclipse.org/tools/eclipsetools-charter.php
which appears to be mostly a copy of the standard TLP charter, but not entirely.

Question: As TM is moved under tools, should we reference the tools charter or directly the standard TLP charter?

Or, should the Tools charter eventually be rewritten to reference the standard TLP charter? I must confess that I didn’t go into details comparing the tools charter with the standard TLP charter.

Thanks,
tools-pmc mailing list
tools-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx