From: dsdp-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:dsdp-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Oberhuber, Martin
Sent: Friday, April 21, 2006 8:22 AM
To: DSDP PMC list
Subject: RE: [dsdp-pmc] FW: Release Reviews aroundtheCallistoSimultaneousRelease

Yes,

I had also thought about starting a CVS repository on SourceForge for our stuff

while the EMO's not ready.

I'm not sure how much effort an "initial review" for the IP team actually is. I've heard

once that if the code doesn't contain 3rd party code or cryptography, they just run

some automated scanners on it, which doesn't seem to be too much of an effort.

Perhaps we should talk to Bjorn again and ask his opinion, given that moving to

an external CVS repository appears to be the only option while the IP stuff

is such a bottleneck. Perhaps the EMO could schedule such "initial checkin

roadblocks" earlier than other stuff.

Cheers,
Martin
--