Re: [cdt-dev] Managing include paths and macros in 'Core Build' projects.
  • From: "Waterlander, Erwin" <erwin.waterlander@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2022 06:45:08 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=intel.com; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=intel.com; dkim=pass header.d=intel.com; arc=none
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-ChunkCount:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-0:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-1; bh=3Qza6ZrTLBdQkfLzKjPFWKAc3JqcFJWOdHon7SRhr9E=; b=L3DVdoR7WNXoFHmNHyzab/CP7XqiQDSXxAilbngSbmM4daoCrlt0O4/Oy+cAwDU/201ZIpcqgT8nhNH5tvUqHCHRwAwVPvstDlCtVvFufPNtEqLhwei9N9t4zXJxIMiW4T/3PBPzXZHvp1AdvauE6wR2t6v55ADbXJPkbd/rYwZfQvRBftAQS7ivj6i6tAosimsvy7yG7ZAf4CJuuy3vkUuHdf9duPeZyeDkFwUZKeb0/y0nMSPob81aLl5U3jnaa3bnzvDL0LLY2Kkvw834lxULey70EQt0c85a+7aRVCRgc8XCghYZ/umprdRgNzceqEa7ibHlHj6KBs7VL588jQ==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=m8odMG0Z06Wb/5Ip+HITrrFpmLqyiC59U0dXA4QTHa3LrrMpHvLE3c4Dlb7EDqDCmQk4eP48nVa3hcY5gFscu+6wYvrVQMseAJgUeIHI1GtusPw96nV1d/9HFt/l9BDv5cwjvP8OSjkZORr2jz4Zw1d+8fORv/Tl+O9FUWy9bYskZ7ZLBmQ3p8qElS5HiTSD5+38SuLYSpFLcMaSbW/tYVAEr+DsGFADZB8z6GJy12hOhN0RGEGHr0bE2NDjZ00kc3uSs91HXyO5sVRiuPvjFbOk7F6oPtgX7uXCYLTWG/iXVPr3oJtZ7FSjrMKEf5oBKPjbPAr4y10g5GbwrOxDBw==

Hi,

OK, thanks. For Makefile projects I will stick to managed build. I would like to have used core build Makefile, if I could configure the CDT scanner.

> On Wed, 21 Sept 2022 at 03:59, Kondal Kolipaka <mailto:kondal.kolipaka@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>   AFAIK, there is no option to add include paths and macros for core CMake projects. Indexer is designed to get these details from the compiler_commands.json file after the build.

For CMake projects, I don't see yet how I can add custom include paths and macros to the CDT scanner.
When I run the CMake hello world example, I see the generated compile_commands.json file. There is no include path information in there. The CDT scanner may know the built-in include paths of gcc, but how can I let the CDT scanner know the built-in include paths and macros of my custom compiler?

regards,

--
Erwin Waterlander       Intel