Re: [cdt-dev] Pop-up question?

No, this new way of installing things started long time ago and I have been using it ever since. Still, my eclipse/plugins folder has no CDT plugins in there?!

Is there anything that gets installed elsewhere on the system besides the home directory?

Fedja

On Dec 21, 2007 3:16 AM, Leherbauer, Anton <Anton.Leherbauer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I can not tell where your CDT plug-ins are, but they must be somewhere, right?
I assume you simply unzipped the cdt-master-*.zip file. This is not a recommended way of installing, although (unfortunately) it works.
Did you read the installation instructions where you downloaded the new version?
It says:

To use this zip file, in the menu Help->SoftwareUpdates->Find and Install..., select Search for new features to install, click New Archived Site..., and point at the zip file. The Update Manager will start up and you can select the features you want to install. You will at nead require the C/C++ Development Tooling feature which is the CDT runtime.

HTH
--
Anton Leherbauer
Wind River CDT Team, Austria

From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Fedja Jeleskovic
Sent: Thursday, December 20, 2007 8:00 PM
To: CDT General developers list.
Subject: Re: [cdt-dev] Pop-up question?

Well, this worked with the build that I was running, but after I installed newer versions of both (SDK and CDT), I don't see any of the org.eclipse.cdt.xxxx in my home folder (remember this is a Linux build that I am using). Originally I would see them in the eclipse/plugins folder, but new installations would have none of them in there.

What to do with those newer builds in order to get rid of that useless generic pop up window?

Thanks!

Fedja