[aspectj-users] AspectJ Maven Plugin 1.13.M2 is available

Hello AspectJ users!

AspectJ Maven Plugin 1.13.M2 is available on Maven Central.

It depends on AspectJ 1.9.7.M2 by default, i.e. it supports Java 15 and
16. If you need AspectJ support for those JDK versions, please upgrade
the plugin version.

Please note that the group ID has changed to 'dev.aspectj'. This will
hopefully be the permanent home for AspectJ Maven. Sorry for the
inconvenience, but previous maintainers have abandoned the plugin
(including Mojohaus), so I had to use a new group ID. Otherwise, you use
the plugin just like before:

<plugin>
  <groupId>dev.aspectj</groupId>
  <artifactId>aspectj-maven-plugin</artifactId>
  <version>1.13.M2</version>
</plugin>

Because I also have started contributing to AspectJ a short while ago, I
am hoping to keep AspectJ Maven in sync with new AspectJ versions and
compiler features.

I have not published a Maven site with plugin documentation yet, but on
https://github.com/dev-aspectj/aspectj-maven-plugin you find a link to
the old plugin documentation, also mention the few new features this
plugin version has, namely:

  -- <javaModules>   → CLI option --module-path
  -- <enablePreview> → CLI option --enable-preview

IntelliJ IDEA will support the new plugin ID in the next release, I
already talked to JetBrains. I have not inquired about how Eclipse IDE
identifies the plugin yet, so I am not sure if that will work out of the
box. But you are fine with Maven.

Please note: this is not some shady new fork but a continuation of the
work of others (see also project history in the GitHub read-me) and the
new official Maven plugin for AspectJ - well, as official as it can be
as something not being a direct AspectJ sub-project.

As soon as AspectJ 1.9.7 is out, I am also going to publish the final
release of AspectJ Maven.

Bestt regards
--
Alexander Kriegisch

Alexander Kriegisch schrieb am 24.05.2021 11:38 (GMT +07:00):

> AspectJ 1.9.7.M2 is available on Maven Central.
>
> It supports Java 15 and 16 language features, e.g.
>   -- records,
>   -- text blocks,
>   -- pattern matching for instanceof,
>   -- hidden classes,
>   -- sealed classes (preview).
>
> The available artifacts are:
>
>   org.aspectj:aspectjtrt:1.9.7.M2
>   org.aspectj:aspectjweaver:1.9.7.M2
>   org.aspectj:aspectjtools:1.9.7.M2
>   org.aspectj:aspectjmatcher:1.9.7.M2
>
> You use them in Maven and Gradle as usual, e.g.
>
>   <dependency>
>     <groupId>org.aspectj</groupId>
>     <artifactId>aspectjtrt</artifactId>
>     <version>1.9.7.M2</version>
>   </dependency>
>
> I deployed the installer in the aspectj.dev repository for now,
> because we do not publish it on Maven Central. You can download it
> from:
> https://aspectj.dev/maven/org/aspectj/installer/1.9.7.M2/installer-1.9.7.M2.jar
>
> If you wish to verify checksums, you find them in the containing
> folder: https://aspectj.dev/maven/org/aspectj/installer/1.9.7.M2/
>
> Soon I am also going to publish an AspectJ Maven Plugin version based
> on this AspectJ milestone release and announce it here on the mailing
> list.
>
> We are not planning to add any major new features before the final
> release, so the current functionality is pretty much what will go into
> the release. But we still have time for fixing bugs, while Eclipse
> still performs some internal reviews, so your feedback is most
> welcome.

Back to the top