[aspectj-users] AspectJ 1.9.7.M2 is available

Hello AspectJ users!

AspectJ 1.9.7.M2 is available on Maven Central.

It supports Java 15 and 16 language features, e.g.
  -- records,
  -- text blocks,
  -- pattern matching for instanceof,
  -- hidden classes,
  -- sealed classes (preview).

The available artifacts are:

  org.aspectj:aspectjtrt:1.9.7.M2
  org.aspectj:aspectjweaver:1.9.7.M2
  org.aspectj:aspectjtools:1.9.7.M2
  org.aspectj:aspectjmatcher:1.9.7.M2

You use them in Maven and Gradle as usual, e.g.

  <dependency>
    <groupId>org.aspectj</groupId>
    <artifactId>aspectjtrt</artifactId>
    <version>1.9.7.M2</version>
  </dependency>

I deployed the installer in the aspectj.dev repository for now, because
we do not publish it on Maven Central. You can download it from:
https://aspectj.dev/maven/org/aspectj/installer/1.9.7.M2/installer-1.9.7.M2.jar

If you wish to verify checksums, you find them in the containing folder:
https://aspectj.dev/maven/org/aspectj/installer/1.9.7.M2/

Soon I am also going to publish an AspectJ Maven Plugin version based on
this AspectJ milestone release and announce it here on the mailing list.

We are not planning to add any major new features before the final
release, so the current functionality is pretty much what will go into
the release. But we still have time for fixing bugs, while Eclipse still
performs some internal reviews, so your feedback is most welcome.

Best regards
--
Andrew Clement
Alexander Kriegisch