Re: [aspectj-users] LTW and JRE classes

Hey

Re: -Djava.system.class.loader=org.aspectj.weaver.loadtime.WeavingURLClassLoader

Been a while since I've tried that, I half expected that property not to work, but (on Java8) if I set it and I set aj.aspect.path then I see WeavingURLClassLoader kick in and try to work - it gets stuck in a recursive invocation problem though. Not sure what that is.

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: recursive invocation
at java.lang.ClassLoader.initSystemClassLoader(ClassLoader.java:1443)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.getSystemClassLoader(ClassLoader.java:1429)
at java.util.ServiceLoader.loadInstalled(ServiceLoader.java:568)
at java.util.ResourceBundle.<clinit>(ResourceBundle.java:376)
at org.aspectj.weaver.WeaverMessages.<clinit>(WeaverMessages.java:19)
at org.aspectj.weaver.bcel.ClassPathManager.addPath(ClassPathManager.java:103)

Re: weaving java/javax
I think we've often said if you need to do that, do it offline and used a patched rt.jar/equivalent as it is more reliable. I can fully believe the JDK has moved on in terms of class loading mechanisms and AspectJ hasn't kept up.

cheers,
Andy