[alf-dev] Re: [technology-pmc] Archive Review for ALF

Brian Carroll wrote:
It would be good to understand the archival process a bit better,
All of the code and web pages and newsgroup and email conversations are all archived in a giant tar/zip file for reference by anybody in the community (which means anyone at all). The CVS/SVN is closed and thus the only access to the source code is through the zip file, but it's probably easier to get it via a zip than the CVS anyway.
As the ALF project lead, I am personnally saddened to be recommending
closing a project that created commercially viable platform,
I, too, am pleased that ALF has spawned some commercially viable projects - that's great. The archiving is due to a lack of open source project activity rather than a lack of commercial uptake.

- Bjorn

--

[end of message]

Back to the top