openArchitectureWare (oAW) is a set of best practices and processes for using Eclipse modeling technology
in Model-Driven Software Development.
The purpose of the openArchitectureWare working group
Eclipse.org is to grow and foster a community of people interested in Model-Driven Software Development (MDSD)
based on oAW and Eclipse. One of its continuous working results is a list of Eclipse components that
build the needed toolchain of the aforementioned processes. The working group will provide ready-to-use
packages of these. This piece of software will carry the version number oAW 5.
Components & Support
Currently, we understand the following components as ingredients of oAW 5.
Each component has its dedicated support forum but feel free to ask general questions directly at the
openArchitectureware working group forum
We will be glad to assist you over there.
Also, please find a set of
migration articles on the wiki
They will help you with your first steps to migrate from oAW 4 to oAW 5 version.
These are ready-to-use Eclipse distributions that contain the components that are declared as "ingredient of oAW".
Goals of the Working Group
To achieve its goals, the oAW working group will:
- provide downloads (distributions) of openArchitectureWare, based on tools and frameworks from the
Eclipse Modeling Project (EMP), such as
Xpand (incl. Xtend and Check), Xtext,
MWE, EMF, and so forth.
- provide documentation (articles, tutorials) for openArchitectureWare, either by creating these
articles and tutorials or by linking to already existing articles and tutorials at sites such
as the Eclipse.org articles corner.
- provide opportunities (e.g. regular meetings / mailing lists) to discuss and propose the roadmap
for openArchitectureWare and its constituent components
- provide a forum (not in a technical sense, rather in the sense of "a space where people gather to talk")
- follow the Eclipse guidelines and processes
- provide communication channels such as mailing lists and newsgroups on Eclipse.org
Meetings at the Working Group
The working group will hold regular meetings open to everyone interested in Model-Driven Software Development (MDSD)
solutions based on openArchitectureWare. These meetings will usually take place as conference calls. To improve contact
among members, the working group will try to schedule a face to face meeting at least once a year, preferably at
one of the Eclipse-related conferences (EclipseCon
Eclipse Forum Europe
Eclipse Summit Europe
Get in touch
Interested parties can subscribe themselves to the working group's mailing list at