The JST Web services component contains tools for developing and interacting
with Java Web services. It consists of:
- extensible Web services wizards for creating Web service and Web services client wizards for
consumming Web service,
- Web services Ant tasks for creating and consumming Web services,
- wizard extensions for the
Apache Axis v1.4 and
Web service runtimes.
The WST Web services component contains tools for Web services development which is not Java
specific. It consists of:
- Web services preferences pages,
- Web services frameworks such as the creation framework and finder framework,
- Web Services Explorer, a Web application that let you discover and publish to UDDI,
and invoke a WSDL/WSIL via native XML.
- WSDL model
- WSDL Editor
- WSDL and WS-I validator
The Web Services tutorials for creating Web services, using the Web Services Explorer, and
using the WSDL Editor can be found in the
Web services section of the tutorial.
- Web Services tools wiki
The Web services tools
wiki is used to discuss items related to the Web services tools project in WTP.