The Web Services project is a sub-project in the Eclipse WTP Top-Level Project. There are two components:
The JST Web services component contains tools for developing and interacting with Java Web services. It consists of:
- extensible Web services wizards for creating Web service and Web services client wizards for consumming Web service,
- Web services Ant tasks for creating and consumming Web services,
- wizard extensions for the Apache Axis v1.4 and Apache Axis2 Web service runtimes.
The WST Web services component contains tools for Web services development which is not Java specific. It consists of:
- Web services preferences pages,
- Web services frameworks such as the creation framework and finder framework,
- Web Services Explorer, a Web application that let you discover and publish to UDDI, and invoke a WSDL/WSIL via native XML.
- WSDL model
- WSDL Editor
- WSDL and WS-I validator
This project overview page is continually evolving, so please check back regularly for the most up-to-date information on the Web Services Tools project. In the meantime, consult the older Web Services overview page page.