Toll free (in US and Canada): 888-426-6840
Caller pay alternative number: 215-861-6239
list of global access numbers
Time: 11:00 AM Eastern
Announcements and General Business
Discuss API policy revision proposals
We discussed proposing some clarifications to our API policy, and Chuck sent a draft to the mailing list
- Amend the "Declared API" section to include the following (borrowed from the platform description):
"The API (Application Programming Interface) is the entire public programming surface of the framework,
thus it includes not only Java classes, packages, and interfaces, but also extension points, file formats, generated meta-data, and even objects that are passed through to internal packages. A good example
of extension point metadata is the use of defined facets representing a collection of Java classes, libraries, and attributes that define a specific domain.
- Create a new section named "Process to evolve an API"
"There is a promise of stability from release to release, and evolving an api by various techniques that don't break adopters and maintain the current API behavior, can be proposed with required approval by the project lead.
If a need for breaking api or behavior changes of existing api is deemed necessary, these exceptions must be brought to the PMC for approval, and will only be considered in new development releases(Not maintenance)"
Possible proposal for m2e-wtp incubation project coming...
In last weeks Java EE planning meeting, Max Anderson (JBoss) indicated this project is essentially owned by RedHat now,
and they would be interested in bringing to Eclipse. Both Konstantin and I jumped at this possibility, and have offered our help creating a proposal.
Max has very limited resources at the moment, but I think we (WTP PMC) should do all we can to encourage a proposal (Help with examples etc..)
Other Business ... ?
Git adoption progress Continue polling - re-evaluate by M4
- Should we put a stake in the ground mandating when we need to see some progress in educating our committers?
- investigate a subproject that could "pilot" a git repo feeding into our overall PDE build
- More discussion on CVS - GIT transition - should replace CVS feature for feature
- Platform HAS put a stake in the ground....
CVS Retirement bug (Target: December 21, 2012)
3.4 Release planning
- M2: Initial Planning document.
- M3: Iterate/Review plans
- M4: Final Plans due
webtool.website Progress from tracking bug
Future Agenda items
- Discuss our model and assignments of "PMC Roles". Do they
still make sense?
Back to meeting list.
Please send any additions or corrections to Chuck Bridgham.