Tollfree in the US: 877-421-0030
Access code: 173098#
Full list of phone numbers
Call Time: 8:00 AM Pacific; 11:00 AM Eastern; 1600 UTC
- David Williams: Y
- Naci Dai: R
- Raghunathan Srinivasan: Y
- Neil Hauge: Y
- Tim deBoer: R
- Kaloyan Raev: Y
Announcements and General Business
- New logo?
1/12/2010 Naci volunteered that he'd consider, and propose a plan. For at least web page WTP logo (perhaps Java EE IDE Intro page too?).
Naci reported he has opened bugs to discuss 2 things: 1) some rework of webpages (many no longer used); 2) potential new web logo. He'll attach a few possibilities and request review and dsicussion.
- Discuss Common Project and leadership.
Notes from meeting: Discussed final nomination. Discussed Konstantin's final feedback and advice to "... break up the Common project". We acknowledged the nature of the Common Project, but saw no advantage to breaking it up at this time, and thought best to leave as is, for now, but monitor for future to re-visit alternatives and improvements long term. While it has less of a specific, common technical focus than other projects, that alone would not mean a virtual team could not be formed and work together towards common goals.
- mixed version project interoperability requirement
Notes from meeting: pending.
Requirement: Can we agree on which checklist to use? I'm assuming each
project will complete one, even though we will "rollup" into one, for
the Helios requirement. Better if all subprojects use the same one?
For reference or evaluation, here is a general page from IBM on Accessibilty Guidelines for Developers. With three checklists:
Notes from meeting: Neil, who was on original PC committee, will examine lsits, and come up with a recommendation.
- Review WTP and Eclipse principles of open source development
For reference, please re-read the Eclipse Standard Charter. In particular, read the section titled "The Development Process". I'd like to make sure we all have the same understanding of that section? Here's mine:
- The status quo is the rule. Change is the exception.
- Committers of a sub-project must all agree to change code base. (Isn't this the fundamental part of Eclispe governance?)
- PMC defines the process. Which we haven't done!?
Notes from meeting: Pending. It was agreed to continue to discuss this to make sure at least we, the PMC, agree.
- New year resolutions?
There is a need, and interest!, to discuss high level, big picture aspects of the WTP project. Some possible items are listed below. Remember, to actually do anything, will require someone to volunteer to do the work.
- Discuss W4 incubator project. (Raghu)
- API, stability
- scope? osgi spec's?
- more "press"? as it is popular
- e4? Can we sign up for "be compatible with e4 in 2011"
Notes from meeting: This was only "new years resolution" discussed. We mentioned 4 points:
- need feedback from adopter products on importance/explotation of e4
- needed nonAPI scans first to see how far off we are, from using compatibility layer.
- may need help from Platform to provide more API?
- we ourselves may need to provide more API!? Are any of our functions sensitive to e4?
- Continuous Improvement Notes
We'll have next agenda too.
Handy Links from past meetings
- Continuous Improvement Notes
- EclipseCon 2010
- FYI ... Eclipse Foundation has a relatively new "enterprise page".
- WTP 3.2 Plans
Other projects to watch:
- WTP @ GSoC 2009. There are two project accepted:
- SCA Tools
- EMFT Texo project proposal
- Maven Integration
Back to meeting list.
Please send any additions or corrections to David Williams.