- David Williams: Y
- Naci Dai: N
- Raghunathan Srinivasan: Y
- Neil Hauge: Y
- Tim deBoer: R
- Kaloyan Raev: Y
Announcements and General Business
key dates have been set.
Need to start docuware soon
- PMC Reviews
- PAVE review scheduled, June 2.
See eclipse.pave newsgroup
Termination Review: Interesting Developments. There will be a call. We
are scheduled for 5/20, 11 PM Eastern.
Lots of good discussion. In particular on difference between 'Tools' and 'WTP'. We'll want to ask, get precise reasons, perhaps invite those interested to PMC meeting to discuss.
- Ongoing: Logo and Icon contest announced on newsgroup and mailing list and opened bug 273272
- 3.0.6 maintenance?
Not much interest, but Raghu to report back 5/19.
Conclusion: no interest. Patches only for post 3.0.5 fixes.
- Our PMC-recommended "Provider name"?
Previously was always "Eclipse.org" for everyone. PC recommends a bit more specific. Possibilities include "Eclipse Web Tools Platform", or "Eclipse <sub project>". I recommend the former.
NOTE: No need for any "mass changes" at this point. Only new plugins, or "main" feature for about box.
Conclusion: "Eclipse Web Tools Platform"
Reports, Actions, Issues
Requirements: Raghu Srinivasan
Raghu noted we should remind PLs to update plans every milestone.
- Planning Process Document has been started.
- Eclipse-level dates and requirements have been clarified in a Planning Council message (and elsewhere).
- WTP Requirements Lead Role
Planning: David Williams
WTP User Experience Lead: Kaloyan Raev
Quality: Neil Hauge
Architecture: Tim deBoer
Tim still owes writeup of tips on how to get started.
Education: Naci Dai
Naci reports web pages for education materials are about ready. He is writing article, as deadline is in December. Raghu was only response he got for being interested in contributing too.
Please review: Resource Page Proposal
Naci Reports continuing to work on articles
Working with Ian to do a press release on education materials. Prior or concurrent with EclipseCon
Other projects to watch:
- WTP @ GSoC 2009. There are two project accepted:
- Index search for Java EE metadata - https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=233505
- Embed OpenEJB in J2EE Preview server adapter - https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=265952
- SCA Tools
- EMFT Texo project proposal
- Maven Integration
Back to meeting list.
Please send any additions or corrections to David Williams.