Skip to main content

WTP PMC Agenda/Minutes for May 12, 2009 Conference Call

WTP PMC Agenda/Minutes for May 12, 2009 Conference Call

Call Info

Tollfree in the US: 877-421-0030
Alternate: 770-615-1247
Access code: 173098#
Full list of phone numbers

Call Time: 1500 UTC


PMC Members

  • David Williams: Y
  • Naci Dai: N
  • Raghunathan Srinivasan: Y
  • Neil Hauge: Y
  • Tim deBoer: Y
  • Kaloyan Raev: Y

Announcements and General Business

  • Release key dates have been set
  • Do we want to release Galileo as one Top Level Project? Or as the 8 subprojects? This would effect, for example, IP Log submission.

    Concluded we would has one "rolled up" version.

  • PMC Reviews
  • I dont' see PAVE review scheduled, but I assume not waiting on us?
  • Ongoing: Termination Review. We are scheduled for 5/20.
  • Ongoing: Logo and Icon contest announced on newsgroup and mailing list and opened bug 273272


  • Began to discuss interest and need for a 3.0.6 maintentance release (just discussed the need to discuss it)

    Not much interest, but Raghu to report back next Tuesday.

Reports, Actions, Issues

Requirements: Raghu Srinivasan

Raghu noted we should remind PLs to update plans every milestone.


Planning: David Williams

  • M7


WTP User Experience Lead: Kaloyan Raev

  • ?


Quality: Neil Hauge


Architecture: Tim deBoer

  • Tim still owes writeup of tips on how to get started.


Education: Naci Dai

Naci reports web pages for education materials are about ready. He is writing article, as deadline is in December. Raghu was only response he got for being interested in contributing too.

Please review: Resource Page Proposal

Naci Reports continuing to work on articles

Working with Ian to do a press release on education materials. Prior or concurrent with EclipseCon


General business?

Other projects to watch:

  • WTP @ GSoC 2009. There are two project accepted:
    • Index search for Java EE metadata ->
    • Embed OpenEJB in J2EE Preview server adapter -
  • SCA Tools
  • EMFT Texo project proposal
  • Maven Integration

Back to meeting list.

Please send any additions or corrections to David Williams.

Back to the top