- David Williams: Y
- Naci Dai: Y
- Raghunathan Srinivasan: Y
- Neil Hauge: Y
- Tim deBoer: R
- Kaloyan Raev: Y
Announcements and General Business
- I enjoyed it, and appreciate the effort everyone put into tutorials, talks, etc.
Some sessions, e.g. some "universal topics" (e.g. common navigator, e4, and p2) were not well planned: in rooms that were too small.
Even though many in attendance were "first time attendees", there still seemed to be less than expected interest in "how to use" Eclipse.
- Didn't hear final numbers, but attendance down about 30% (which is good for conferences test days.)
- Some stats coming in on ratings/attendance of individual sessions.
- I believe we do (still) need termination review for ATF. There is some interest in project, but I believe
we need new PL to make progress. Comments?
Agreement as long as positive, clear attempt to reset/restart
- Accessibility: need attention to some JSF bugs. Does Oracle plan to participate?
Ans: no, not a priority. But will try to look at some.
- How was JAX-WS Demo?
Good demo. Was interest. Exact timing not specified
- Naci announced new (potential) WS tutorials from ?Open University?
- Naci agreed to post news item on Amazon's WS's use of WTP
- On Spec slip: we'll still try for bare minimum Java EE, mostly to support JPA 2.0. JSF 2.0 not as clear. Will keep an eye on status/spec's, especially around June and reevaluate as needed.
- Pending items:
- CQ PMC notification
It has been going to "webtools-pmc" instead of "wtp-pmc" so they need to "hack their software".
Not sure if fixed yet. Waiting for "test" to occur.
- CQ PMC notification
Reports, Actions, Issues
Planning: David Williams
WTP User Experience Lead: Kaloyan Raev
Quality: Neil Hauge
Architecture: Tim deBoer
Tim still owes writeup of tips on how to get started.
Education: Naci Dai
Naci reports web pages for education materials are about ready. He is writing article, as deadline is in December. Raghu was only response he got for being interested in contributing too.
Please review: Resource Page Proposal
Naci Reports continuing to work on articles
Working with Ian to do a press release on education materials. Prior or concurrent with EclipseCon
Requirements: Raghu Srinivasan
Raghu noted we should remind PLs to update plans every milestone.
- Planning Process Document has been started.
- Eclipse-level dates and requirements have been clarified in a Planning Council message (and elsewhere).
- WTP Requirements Lead Role
Other projects to watch:
Back to meeting list.
Please send any additions or corrections to David Williams.