WTP PMC Agenda/Minutes for February 24, 2009 Conference Call

WTP PMC Agenda/Minutes for February 24, 2009 Conference Call
Back

Call Info

Tollfree in the US: 877-421-0030
Alternate: 770-615-1247
Access code: 173098#
Full list of phone numbers

Call Time: 1500 UTC

Attendees

PMC Members

  • David Williams: Y
  • Naci Dai: Y
  • Raghunathan Srinivasan: Y
  • Neil Hauge: Y
  • Tim deBoer: Y
  • Kaloyan Raev: Y

Announcements and General Business

  • Any proposals yet for 3.0.5? Tentative proposal May 20th/27th.
  • Proposal for WTP 3.2: JPA 2.0, JSDT, JEE 6 tolerance? JEE 6 Support? JSF 2.0?
  • ... in December? or March?
  • ... or release in December, service in March?
  • ... what, then would June's release be? (same, but on Eclipse 3.6)
  • XSL Tools Graduation?

Unclear when JPA 2.0 Spec. will finalize (probably summer, but possible fall). But otherwise Dec. is good.

Is JPA 2.0 "tied to" the JEE 6.0? No.

JEE 6 tolerance for sure, some support if specs done

when would feature freeze be? Kaloyan leaning toward October feature freeze. "Early December" preferable.

XML Project would be good, but important to keep as a unit.

Reports, Actions, Issues

Planning: David Williams

  • 3.0.4 (SR2) to become public on 2/25.
  • We are doing some few 3.0.4 patches (will have 3.0.4 P target).

Reference

WTP User Experience Lead: Kaloyan Raev

Kaloyan reports he's submitted 2 ideas to summer-of-code wiki: the emf indexing of jee artifacts, and a preview ejb container. This is "summer of '09" item, if it gets accepted, and interests a participant.

References

Quality: Neil Hauge

  • Focus items in status meetings:

    Good progress ... switch to something new in week or two.

  • Neil investigating a blanket "close old bugs" policy -- to present to the group for review and approval.
  • Neil has estimated approximately 800 bugs (of 2000 untargeted bugs) could be considered "old bugs". He'll prepare a table and note to send to project with encouragement to PLs to handle ... something like either triage individually and assign a target, or mark with 'helpwanted' or mark in mass with a kind comment to re-open if still an issue (with reason for the mass update, etc.).
  • Reference:

    Architecture: Tim deBoer

    • API Tools. Tim to investigate and make recommendations to teams.

    Tim still owes writeup of tips on how to get started.

    Gary will discuss Concurancy at Thursday's status meeting>

    Reference

    Education: Naci Dai

    Naci reports web pages for education materials are about ready. He is writing article, as deadline is in December. Raghu was only response he got for being interested in contributing too.

    Please review: Resource Page Proposal

    Naci Reports continuing to work on articles

    Working with Ian to do a press release on education materials. Prior or concurrent with EclipseCon

    Reference

    Requirements: Raghu Srinivasan

    Raghu noted we should remind PLs to update plans every milestone.

    Reference

    General business?

    Other projects to watch:

    PMC Calendar


    Back to meeting list.

    Please send any additions or corrections to David Williams.