- David Williams: Y
- Naci Dai: Y
- Raghunathan Srinivasan: Y
- Neil Hauge: Y
- Tim deBoer: Y
- Kaloyan Raev: Y
Announcements and General Business
- Any proposals yet for 3.0.5? Tentative proposal May 20th/27th.
- Proposal for WTP 3.2: JPA 2.0, JSDT, JEE 6 tolerance? JEE 6 Support? JSF 2.0?
- ... in December? or March?
- ... or release in December, service in March?
- ... what, then would June's release be? (same, but on Eclipse 3.6)
- XSL Tools Graduation?
Unclear when JPA 2.0 Spec. will finalize (probably summer, but possible fall). But otherwise Dec. is good.
Is JPA 2.0 "tied to" the JEE 6.0? No.
JEE 6 tolerance for sure, some support if specs done
when would feature freeze be? Kaloyan leaning toward October feature freeze. "Early December" preferable.
XML Project would be good, but important to keep as a unit.
Reports, Actions, Issues
Planning: David Williams
- 3.0.4 (SR2) to become public on 2/25.
- We are doing some few 3.0.4 patches (will have 3.0.4 P target).
WTP User Experience Lead: Kaloyan Raev
Kaloyan reports he's submitted 2 ideas to summer-of-code wiki: the emf indexing of jee artifacts, and a preview ejb container. This is "summer of '09" item, if it gets accepted, and interests a participant.
Quality: Neil Hauge
Good progress ... switch to something new in week or two.
Architecture: Tim deBoer
- API Tools. Tim to investigate and make recommendations to teams.
Tim still owes writeup of tips on how to get started.
Gary will discuss Concurancy at Thursday's status meeting>
Education: Naci Dai
Naci reports web pages for education materials are about ready. He is writing article, as deadline is in December. Raghu was only response he got for being interested in contributing too.
Please review: Resource Page Proposal
Naci Reports continuing to work on articles
Working with Ian to do a press release on education materials. Prior or concurrent with EclipseCon
Requirements: Raghu Srinivasan
Raghu noted we should remind PLs to update plans every milestone.
- Planning Process Document has been started.
- Eclipse-level dates and requirements have been clarified in a Planning Council message (and elsewhere).
- WTP Requirements Lead Role
Other projects to watch:
Back to meeting list.
Please send any additions or corrections to David Williams.