- David Williams: Y
- Naci Dai: Y
- Raghunathan Srinivasan: Y
- Neil Hauge: Y
- Tim deBoer: Y
- Kaloyan Raev: Y
Announcements and General Business
- backup delegate rep to arch. council?
We invited Dave Carver and he subsequently accepted.
- 3rd party content CQs by end of January (Java EE 6 schemas ... anything else?)
probably some others in jsf, jpa? need to check. be sure PMC is CC'd on JEE CQs (everyone is waiting for them.
PMC approval for refactoring bug?
- In addition to "live" content, (In particular, see the "education link" in under Webtools Community) Naci is working on overview of WTP, by
end of January, Feb. 11th deadline for March issue of German Eclipse Magazine. JSF, JPA (and others?) after that.
Naci also mentioned JAX-Europe conference with web development focus. In April.
Tim has worked more with API tools, reported some bugs. Hopes to have recommendation/demo ready for teams soon
- UI improvements
Kolyan pointed out the EMF Index project, which could make searching for JEE meta data easier.
For project, see UI Whiteboard
Reports, Actions, Issues
Quality: Neil Hauge
- See previous notes for statistics.
It is be important for us to do by 'sub-project' to compare within our own WTP projects, as well as to other top level ones
- Neil investigating "close old bugs" policy.
- Neil has estimated approximately 800 bugs (of 2000 untargeted bugs) could be considered "old bugs". He'll prepare a table and note to send to project with encouragement to PLs to handle ... something like either triage individually and assign a target, or mark with 'helpwanted' or mark in mass with a kind comment to re-open if still an issue (with reason for the mass update, etc.).
Architecture: Tim deBoer
- API Tools. Tim to investigate and make recommendations to teams.
- Tim investigated API tools. There is a wizard that adds a builder to each plugin you select to add API tools support. There were some minor changes to move up to the tools (e.g. adding @noimplement javadoc tag) and taking a baseline, but it did catch missing @since tags, broken API, plugin versions that should be incremented, etc. Would recommend for 3.1 development.
- Next step is to try with plugins that have more API issues, non-internal packages that shouldn't be public, etc. to see if the impact to development teams is acceptable.
- Also need to investigate build impact.
Education: Naci Dai
Naci reports web pages for education materials are about ready. He is writing article, as deadline is in December. Raghu was only response he got for being interested in contributing too.
Please review: Resource Page Proposal
Naci was approached (and countered) with some proposed articles for Eclipse (online) magazine [need link. only one I found last published in 2007?] Naci will invite authors for a series of articles for "WTP Uncovered":
- web developer tools (xml, xsl, html, css)
- web applications with Java (jsf, jsp, server)
- enterprise application (jpa/ejb)
- soa, webservices
- adopters/extending (maybe)
Naci updated us today: Publisher would like all articles in one issue (for an issued focused on WTP). Online version would be in English. Print version would be translated to German. They'd like one overview article less than 20,000 words, and 4 shorter, but more focused article on specific areas, each less than 10,000 words
Naci will have some Eductation site/materials ready next week.
New Bugzilla component created: "Education".
We will publish education materials under Creative Commons -- Attribution Share Alike but still EPL for sample code, examples and snippets.
Requirements: Raghu Srinivasan
Raghu noted we should remind PLs to update plans every milestone.
Planning Process Document has been started.
Eclipse-level dates and requirements have been clarified in a Planning Council message (and elsewhere).
Discussed options for including milestone dates and common info in project milestone plans vs linking to the overall WTP plan.
Planning: David Williams
long term items to track
- XUL Runner IP nearing completion
WTP User Experience Lead: Kaloyan Raev
bugs to watch
Other projects to watch:
Back to meeting list.
Please send any additions or corrections to David Williams.